Fun & Hobbies
Mountain Hardwear Down Flip 35/50 Degree Sleeping Bag Review
Mountain temperatures, even in summer, can often drop by twenty degrees overnight. Mountain Hardware created the perfect solution with the Down Flip Sleeping Bag. It has two different levels of insulation on each side so you don’t have to worry about unanticipated cold fronts during your summer trek. It takes the guess work out of which sleeping bag to take on your camping trips.
Although both sides feature 600-Fill down, one side provides you with an insulated temperature rating of 50 degrees Fahrenheit, while flipping the bag over provides protection rated down to 35 degrees Fahrenheit . Your tent or shelter may not have a thermostat, but the Mountain Hardwear Flip 35/50 Sleeping Bag lets you customize your level of insulation to match the mild or cool weather.
Designed with Function in Mind
Flip the bag from one side to the other to change temperature rating. Surround yourself with the best natural insulator: 600-fill goose down keeps warmth close. If you don’t want to use it as a sleeping bag, you can unzip it and use it as a blanket, too.
This sleeping bag is perfect for those who go camping during multiple seasons and anticipate to run into varied temperatures. The unique Mountain Hardwear Flip 35/50 Degree is a sleeping bag that adjusts to your needs. One side of the semi-rectangular Flip 35/50 Degree is designed for warm temperatures while the other side has enhanced insulation for colder nights in the cooler backcountry.
The Flip 35/50 Degree sleeping bag is insulated with compressible, breathable and fast-drying Thermic MX synthetic fill. Unlike regular down fill, the Thermic MX is water-resistant and even provides warmth when wet. This is particularly important if you’ll be camping in wet weather or humid climates.
The offset quilt construction of the Flip 35/50 Degree sleeping bag ensures that insulation is distributed evenly throughout the bag. This prevents cold spots and provides consistent comfort. In mild weather and balmy nights, the 50 degree side of the Flip 35/50 Degree bag provides protection and comfort without causing you to sweat. On colder nights, rotate the Flip 35/50 Degree to the other side and enjoy the warmth of a 35 degree temperature rating.
Stay warm in a range of conditions with Mountain Hardwear’s Down Flip 35/50 sleeping bag. Turn the 35 degree side up for more warmth on cool nights, or flip the bag over in milder weather for a 50 degree rating. Insulated with lofty 600 fill goose down, this roomy and comfortable semi-rectangular bag can be zipped together with another semi-rectangular bag. Unzip all the way for a warm, comfortable, warm camping blanket.
- The rectangular shape provides plenty of space for a comfortable night outdoors, particularly for sleepers known for tossing and turning
- Durable Hi-Five nylon ripstop shell features a water-repellent coating to prevent moisture from getting inside and disturbing your night
- Insulated draft tube and adjustable drawcord reduces loss of heat on colder nights
- Unzips all the way to the footbox, so you can lay the bag flat like a blanket, or zip it together with another rectangular bag for an extra large sleeping bag with company
- Zippered chest pocket holds a headlamp or other small nightly essentials
- Roomy and versatile semi-rectangular cut.
- Tight 5″ baffle spacing creates optimal loft.
- Insulated draft tube blocks cold spots.
- Adjustable draw cord top.
- Zippered chest storage pocket.
- Nylon mesh storage sack and stuff sack included.
- Shoulder to hit to foot girth: 62 to 58 to 38 inches Fits person to 6 ft 6 in
Should You Buy the Mountain Hardwear Down Flip 35/50 Degree Sleeping Bag?
If you do much camping, particularly in varying temperatures, the Mountain Hardwear Down Flip 35/50 Degree Sleeping Bag is the perfect choice. With its dual temperature choices, you can’t go wrong with this sleeping bag. Whether you’re camping in the summer when the 50 degree option would be best or in the fall and spring when the 35 degree option would be best, you don’t have to worry about getting cold with this sleeping bag.
Users have expressed really liking that choice of temperatures with this sleeping bag. It is almost like having a thermostat in your sleeping bag! This is a great choice if you are planning on camping during varying temperatures. There’s really not another sleeping bag like it!
Tagged camping products review